|Information About Caloundra, Sunshine Coast
Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast
The region of Caloundra is situated at the southern end of the Sunshine Coast and provides lovely views across the Pumicestone Passage to the northern end of Bribie Island. There is a popular beach in Caloundra as well as there being other beaches just a short drive away. Scattered around Caloundra there is a great selection of alfresco restaurants, cosmopolitan cafes, bars, fashion boutiques and other shops which cater to all of your holiday needs. One of the best things about Caloundra is that all different types of travellers will be able to find furnished holiday accommodation to suit their needs, with a self contained holiday apartments ranging from luxury penthouse villas through to budget serviced apartments which are ideal for long term stays on the Sunshine Coast. This wide selection of places to stay combined with the relaxed atmosphere that the town has is one of the main reasons that international travellers, families and holiday makers choose to stay in Caloundra on a regular basis. Caloundra is conveniently located just a short distance from the many attractions and recreational activities that the entire region is known for. Also Caloundra itself has a wide variety of recreational facilities including walking, jogging and bike riding trails, as well as resort style facilities at all of the accommodation to ensure that you have an unforgettable holiday on the Sunshine Coast.
Rumba Beach Resort
Caloundra and the Rumba Beach Resort are surrounded by six beautiful beaches which is one of the things that makes it such an aquatic playground for boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts. The luxuriously appointed 1, 2 & 3 bedroom Resort Spa Suites and Ocean Apartments at the Rumba Beach Resort provide some of the best accommodation on the Sunshine Coast and offer the ideal base from which to explore striking natural scenery of the region including the Glass House Mountains, Noosa National Park, Montville and the Blackall Ranges.
Address : The Esplanade, Bulcock Beach, Caloundra, 4551
ULTIQA ULTIQA ULTIQA Shearwater Resort
The ULTIQA ULTIQA ULTIQA Shearwater Resort is conveniently located approximately 1 hour north of Brisbane in the wonderful beachside city of Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast. One of the great things about the ULTIQA ULTIQA ULTIQA Shearwater Resort is that the building has been designed to take advantage of the stunning sea views from every apartment balcony, and that it overlooks the Caloundra Waterways and Pumicestone Passage. Holiday makers will love the fact that the ULTIQA ULTIQA ULTIQA Shearwater Resort has a number of recreational facilities including a heated swimming pool, spa, children's pool, gym and games room.
Address : The Esplanade, Kings Beach , Caloundra, 4551, Queensland
Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel
All sorts of different travellers will be able to stay at the Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel because the property has a wide selection of accommodation ranging from motel style rooms to studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom spacious modern apartments with large balconies that are ideal for relaxing on. The accommodation at the Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel overlook the Pacific Ocean and the property has a range of facilities including tropical gardens, lap and relaxation pools, heated spa and large barbeque area, onsite restaurant Euro cafe & Bar serving German cuisine.
Address : 36 Browning Blvd, Battery Hill QLD 4551
Families, couples and international travellers love to stay at the Oaks Oasis Serviced Apartments in Caloundra because the property offers an excellent range of resort facilities and services. This includes such things as an outdoor swimming pool and heated spa, floodlit full size tennis court, golf putting green, children's playground, games room, beach volleyball court and picnic tables. The Oaks Oasis Sunshine Coast Serviced Apartments offers a range of accommodation options including hotel rooms, studio apartments, while the 1 and 2 bedroom apartments are fully self contained.
Address : 3 Landsborough Parade Golden Beach Caloundra
Map of Caloundra Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Caloundra
- Whilst you are staying in Caloundra you can make the most of the wonderful surf beaches that are located nearby and learn how to surf. There are a number of learn to surf operators based around the region and the take participants of all different surfing levels. Caloundra has a great north facing beach that is ideal for learning how to surf because it doesn't have the big waves that you will find on many other beaches in the region.
- A great way to spend a relaxing afternoon or evening in Caloundra is to take a cruise around the beautiful waters of the Pumicestone Passage. There are a number of cruise operators that can take you on these adventures and they range from eco tours through to romantic evening sunset cruises. A boat ride along these picturesque waterways is a fantastic way to see the region, especially whilst you are enjoying a refreshing drink or bite to eat.
- Just a short drive up the coast is one of the Sunshine Coast's most popular tourist attractions, Underwater World. This major attractions is located in Mooloolaba and has plenty of amazing marine life exhibits and unique animal presentations. People of all ages will be entertained by the exhibits including the Bay of Rays, Turtle Temple, Coral Cove, Seal Experiences, Shark Dive Xtreme and Shark Shipwreck where you can come face-to-face with the fearsome underwater creatures.
- For excitement whilst staying in Caloundra try racing ar the Big Kart Track, which is located 15 minutes drive from Caloundra near Ewen Maddock Dam. The 1.2km Big Kart Track is the largest commercial go-kart track in Australia and provides teenagers and adults with an adventurous ride in fast go-karts.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Caloundra
- The main street in Caloundra is Bulcock Street which is a great place to visit for a relaxing coffee in the afternoon or a delicious meal in the evening. On Bulcock Street in Caloundra you will find a wide variety of different cafes and fine dining restaurants serving cuisines from all over the world, including Italian, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese and of course lots of fresh, locally caught seafood.
- If you love you golf then Caloundra is a great place for a holiday. Situated close by to Caloundra are a number of quality courses including the Caloundra Golf Club and the Pelican Waters Golf Club. During your stay in Caloundra any of these golf courses will provide you with a challenge, whilst still having a relaxing morning or afternoon.
- If you like the thrill of horse racing or love to gamble then the Corbould Park Race Course is a must visit place. This horse racing track is located on Caloundra Road and holds regular meetings throughout the course of the year. Corbould Park is one of the finest regional thoroughbred racing facilities in the country and is a fun day out for people of all ages.
- The main shopping precinct in Caloundra is the Stockland Caloundra Shopping Centre. It is prominently positioned in the middle of Caloundra on the corner of Bowman Road and First Avenue and this large shopping centre has plenty of free undercover car parking available. The Stockland Caloundra Shopping Centre features a wide variety of different fashion boutiques, homeware stores, gift shops, food outlets and even a supermarket for your every day needs.