|Information About Coolum, Sunshine Coast
Coolum on the Sunshine Coast
Coolum on the Sunshine Coast is a popular holiday destinagion for families, couples and international travellers because it is ideally situated along a beautiful stretch of beach that has to be seen to be believed. Another reasons why holiday makers choose to stay in Coolum is that it has such a relaxed feel to it and this resonates with people who are after some real R&R. Conveniently located just a short drive away from Coolum is the Noosa National Park, an array of world class gold courses, the quaint township of Eumundi and any number of other things to see and do. Coolum has great recreational facilities for people to enjoy including many walking, jogging and bike riding trails. Alternatively you can simply take a relaxing morning or evening stroll along the beach. Holiday makers of all persuasions will find that there are a number of fully self contained holiday apartments situated in Coolum. This furnished accommodation ranges from luxury penthouse apartments right through to more affordable apartments for the budget conscious traveller, and all of these Coolum holiday apartments have a range of resort style facilities to ensure ensure that you have a memorable holiday on the Sunshine Coast. Beacuse Coolum is situated in such a quiet location but still close enough to all of the major tourist attractions of the Sunshine Coast it is the perfect place to stay for families, older couples and groups of friends looking for relaxation.
Element on Coolum Beach
With a wide variety of one, two and three bedroom apartments superbly appointed with spacious balconies on which you can relax the Element on Coolum Beach is a popular place to stay with all types of holiday makers. The Element on Coolum Beach is well positioned in the heart of Coolum and is only a short stroll to restaurants, cafes and the retail precinct of Coolum Beach. The resort features beautiful landscaping with cascading water features, reflective pools, a heated outdoor pool with sun lounge area and BBQ facilities.
Address : 1808 David Low Way, Coolum Beach, 4573, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
The Beach Retreat
If you are looking for true beach side holiday living then The Beach Retreat in Coolum is the ideal place for your next vacation. If features a selection of studio, 1 & 2 bedroom air conditioned, beautifully appointed apartments superbly located opposite Coolum's patrolled Surf Beach with views to Noosa's National Park on the Sunshine Coast. All of the apartments at The Beach Retreat are fully self contained and air conditioned, with balconies to catch the gentle sea breeze and which make the most of the wonderful views stretching across the crystal blue waters.
Address : 1750 David Low Way, Coolum Beach, 4573 , Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Coolum @ The Beach
Situated in the heart of Coolum on the beautiful Sunshine Coast the Coolum @ the Beach is a great place for your next holiday. It has a wide variety of luxury self contained 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and 3 and 4 bedroom villas that are well equipped with all of the modern amenities to make you feel like you are staying in your own home. The Coolum @ the Beach apartments are ideally positioned and fully featured to accommodate couples, families, golf getaways and groups that are looking for a relaxing place to holiday together.
Address : Cnr Margaret St and David Low Way, Coolum Beach Coolum QLD 4573
Coolum Seaside Apartments
With a choice of fully self-contained studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom luxury self contained serviced apartments and townhouses the Coolum Seaside Apartments has something for everyone. Located in Coolum Beach on the magnificent Queensland Sunshine Coast, Coolum Seaside Resort redefines what you have come to expect from a five star resort destination. The Coolum Seaside Apartments is well positioned just a short stroll to Coolum's patrolled surfing beaches as well as being near the many cafes along the promenade.
Address : 6-8 Perry Street, Coolum Beach, Qld, 4573
Map of Coolum Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Coolum
- If you want an amazing view of the entire Sunshine Coast region then you should take to time to climb to the top of nearby Mount Coolum. Take an afternoon or morning hike up to the top of the prominent Mount Coolum and you will be rewarding with some breathtaking views of either the sun rising over the Pacific Ocean or the sun setting over the Glasshouse Mountains.
- One of the Sunshine Coast's largest and most popular tourist attractions is the Ginger Factory. It is centrally located on Pioneer Road in Yandina and provides something for everyone. At the Ginger Factory you will find a range of fascinating exhibits and diplays, unique rides for the kids, delicious food in the Ginger Cafe, plenty of shopping and even tropical gardens with relaxing walking trails.
- Another popular tourist attraction on the Sunshine Coast is the Big Pineapple, which is a unique icon that is located on Nambour Connection Road in Woombye. The Big Pineapple Market is one of the biggest all weather markets on the coast and has a lively atmosphere with a huge variety of fresh and local produce. At the Big Pineapple you will also find an exciting ride for young kids, a rainforest walk, wildlife garden and harvest boat ride.
- For some real Sunshine Coast excitement head along to the famous Steve Irwin Australia Zoo. This popular zoo and conservation area is a great place to see some truly incredible animals such as tigers, crocodiles, cheetahs, dingoes, echidnas, Tasmanian devils, wombats, zebras, various birds, snakes and other reptiles. There are also plenty of interactive encounters including the opportunity for you to cuddle a koala, hand-feed the kangaroos, walk with a Sumatran tiger and watch crocodiles jumping from the water to get their lunch.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Coolum
- One of the most popular places to go shopping on the Sunshine Coast is at the nearby Eumundi Markets. The Eumundi township is a quaint place with lovely old pubs to have a drink after a hard days shopping. The market itself offering arts and crafts, fashion and jewellries, homewares and many more. The Eumundi Markets are held every Wednesday and Saturday morning and is a not only a great place to find a bargain but also is a realxing way to start your day on the Queensland Sunshine Coast.
- Coolum is the perfect place to holiday if you are interested in golf. Situated close by to Coolum there are a number of world championship courses including the Mt Coolum Golf Club, Palmer Coolum Resort and the Peregian Springs Golf Club. During your stay in Coolum any of these golf courses will provide you with a challenge, whilst still having a relaxing morning or afternoon.
- The main shopping strip in Coolum is located along David Low Way near the intersection of Birtwill Street. This precinct provides a number of shops surrounded by an array of quality restuarants and cosmopolitan outdoor cafes. One of the best things about the Coolum shopping strip is that it is centrally located within easy walking distance from most holiday apartment accommodation and right next to the beach.
- Located just a short distance north of the Coolum town centre is the Coolum Peregian Sports Complex. This sporting area features lots of different sporting fields for various sports including soccer, rugby, hockey, netball and tennis, as well as an outdoor swimming pool.